Pacific Northwest Auction House – Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: At the discretion of the Pacific Northwest Auction House, LLC (the “Company”), the contest (the “Contest”) will generally only be open to those who complete all the steps required in the Contest announcement(s) – although some prizes may also require that also sharing items from a live auction is required for certain prizes. (For example, the Company may require that entrants post an auction-specific message on a social media website in order to be eligible to win a specific prize.)
You must be at least eighteen years old at the time of the online auction and a legal resident of the United States to be eligible. (No offense to the rest of the world, but we don’t want to go broke shipping stuff to you.) Some Contests may require you to be a resident of an area within proximity of our auction location and require you to pick up your prize in-person with appropriate government-issued identification. The social media and other posts promoting such Contests will indicate this, so read those.
Employees of the Company, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the Company as final and binding as it relates to the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Contest Period: Entries into any Contest will be accepted prior to the end of the respective online auction.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by sharing, liking, and/or commenting on the designated social media post and/or liking and/or following our Facebook Page, or as otherwise required by the social media post promoting the Contest. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Company. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Company.
5. Prizes: Winners may receive prizes announced prior to and during each respective auction. To see the value of any specific prize offered, go online on your own and look it up. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Company. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Company’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Company to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Because we don’t want to fill out a bunch of tax forms for these giveaways, no one is eligible to win more than $599 worth of prizes (in the aggregate) in any calendar year.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Contest will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Company. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they used when they entered the Contest (or via their social media profile, if applicable) with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Company shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings; or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; or for winners’ lackadaisical attitude in responding slowly to Company social media notification. In other words, if you’re too lazy to respond to a winning notification, we reserve the right to keep your prize and make fun of you online.
If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within five (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as might be required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected (or, like we wrote above, we might just make fun of you and keep your prize).
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT COMPANY'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that the Company, or its respective licensees, successors, and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity. or information and for trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should it believe (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud. or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Company may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Company. Company reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Company has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, or scripts or other technical means for entering. Company is under no obligation to award any prizes if Company deems too few eligible entries were received.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Company reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless the Company and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF IDAHO, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ada County, Idaho having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winners’ names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Pacific Northwest Auction House, LLC, PO Box 1205, Post Falls, ID 83877. Requests must be received no later than thirty days after the respective Contest.